Resuming in-person research at Fathom Consulting
While remote research is nothing new to Fathom Consulting—and will continue to be a core offering for our clients in the future—we are happy to announce that the research lab in our Minneapolis office is now open for in-person studies.
As COVID-19 guidance continues to evolve, so will our research operations. But for now, here’s what our clients and research participants can expect during in-person studies at Fathom.
The safety of our researchers and research participants is our top priority. As such:
- We will work with you to identify the best candidates for your study while remaining conscientious about high-risk populations.
- Research is currently limited to one-on-one interviews only.
- Physical distancing of six feet will be maintained during all research studies. Study areas will be arranged to accommodate physical distancing.
- Face coverings will be required for both researchers and participants where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Any physical prototypes will be thoroughly cleaned between research participants.
- The number of in-person study observers will be limited. We will offer live audio and/or video streaming of all sessions to clients who wish to observe sessions.
For Research Participants
If you are a research participant taking part in a study in our office, welcome! We want you to feel safe. If at any time during the study you feel uncomfortable, you may ask your researcher to make accommodations or you may end your session with no penalty.
- When you arrive at Fathom, please park and then call to let us know you’re here. Remain in your car; we will call you when it is time for your session.
- If necessary, you may bring a companion. They will be asked to remain in our lobby wearing a face covering.
- When you come into our office, you will be asked to take your temperature. If you have a temperature above CDC guidelines (100.4 F/38 C), you will not be allowed to participate in the study. You will be compensated for your travel time to the facility.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver. Please bring your own pen; otherwise, a new pen will be provided for you.
- Your session will be facilitated by one researcher in the same room as you, following physical distancing guidelines.
- Where physical distancing requirements cannot be maintained, you must be willing to wear a face covering during your session. However, depending on the unique circumstances of the research session, you may be asked to temporarily remove your face covering.
- You may request that the researcher wear a face covering at any point during your session.
Whether you’re a client or a participant, we are happy to answer questions about research at Fathom.
We are also available to help scope any type of research project—whether in-person or remote—and work with you on specific needs or requirements.