Senior Consultant, Experience Research & Design
Fathom Consulting is in search of a Senior Consultant who is curious, inspired by people, surfaces great insights, creates polished concepts, and collaborates to create effective human-centered products and services.
About Fathom Consulting
Fathom Consulting is a business consultancy that helps organizations capitalize on change and how they interact with customers. Our clients engage us as proven partners in unraveling and solving strategic, operational, and customer experience challenges. Among the Twin Cities 100 Best companies to work for, we offer our employees meaningful and challenging client engagements; an open, pet-friendly work environment; and competitive compensation, benefits, and work flexibility.
Our work primarily happens in the healthcare and medical device sectors, but we also work across many different industries. We believe that the best products and services are a result of a creation process that is equitable, inclusive, and driven by a diversity of thought and experience. We recognize the importance of having staff members that bring a wide range of perspectives to our work. Fathom Consulting is actively committed to developing and maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment where all people are respected and valued.
As a part of the Fathom team, you will:
- Lead and collaborate on user-centered research and design projects with cross-disciplinary clients and Fathom team members
- Plan, design, and conduct research activities including observational visits, qualitative interviews, competitive analyses, surveys, and concept/prototype testing
- Develop storyboards, hand sketches, or other artifacts to effectively conceptualize and visualize products, services, and experiences
- Create high-quality, well-structured, and user-friendly deliverables that clearly communicate research insights to clients including personas, journey maps, or user flows
- Facilitate interactive workshops with clients and end-users to generate ideas, elicit requirements, co-design solutions, and develop research hypotheses
- Contribute to business development efforts, including developing and maintaining relationships with top decision-makers, crafting project approaches and proposals
- Be encouraged and given the freedom to explore new areas of interest, techniques, and approaches to deliver ever-higher levels of consulting service to your clients
- Be supported to participate in local professional organizations, societies, networking groups and board service
- Bring your own unique perspectives and strengths to our team
Relevant experience and mindset:
The experience and values listed below are only guidelines for who we think might succeed in this role. If you have personal and professional experiences not listed below but that you think make you a great candidate, let us know! We want to hear from you.
- Passionate about improving products and services through design thinking, co-creation, and/or iterative end-user testing
- Comfortable preparing for and conducting concept testing including creating visualized concepts, prototypes, or storyboards to elicit end-user feedback
- Interested and excited about learning and leveraging a variety of design tools to visualize products, services, flows, and experiences
- Familiar with designing for end-users of financial services/banking, retail/ecommerce, consumer products, and services, or industrial products
- Ability to synthesize research data to extract meaningful insights and convey those insights clearly across all mediums (visual, written, verbal)
- Strong commitment to building cultural humility by continually learning and by actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work
- Strong curiosity about new tools, technologies, and methods that push learning in new directions, reach users and customers in new ways, and allow for insight generation
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
- High comfort level navigating ambiguity in client projects
- Ability to frame problems, define project approaches, and self-manage project activities
- Desire to build and grow relationships with co-workers, clients, and communities within and outside the Twin Cities
- Openness to feedback and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, with openness to travel within the United States and around the world for client meetings and/or research and design efforts (10 – 20%)
- Experience working within a variety of industries and company sizes (startup to Fortune 500)
- BA/BS in relevant field or 4-6 years equivalent experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Fathom believes all people belong and deserve fairness and racial justice. We are committed to advancing policies, practices and a workplace culture that reflects the high value we place on all people, promotes anti-racism and does not tolerate discrimination. Read more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fathom Consulting is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law.