Senior Consultant, Healthcare
Fathom Consulting is in search of a Senior Consultant to support our clients’ efforts to clarify, align upon, and implement a variety of strategic initiatives, as well as product, service, and operational improvements.
About Fathom Consulting
Fathom Consulting is a business consultancy that helps organizations capitalize on change and how they interact with customers. Our clients engage us as proven partners in unraveling and solving strategic, operational, and customer experience challenges. Among the Twin Cities 100 Best companies to work for, we offer our employees meaningful and challenging client engagements; an open, pet-friendly work environment; and competitive compensation, benefits, and work flexibility.
Our work primarily happens in the healthcare and medical device sectors, but we also work across many different industries. We believe that the best products and services are a result of a creation process that is equitable, inclusive, and driven by a diversity of thought and experience. We recognize the importance of having staff members that bring a wide range of perspectives to our work. Fathom Consulting is actively committed to developing and maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment where all people are respected and valued.
As part of the Fathom team, you will:
- Lead, collaborate, and deliver projects that address clients’ strategic business objectives
- Solve complex organizational issues, leveraging facilitation skills and change management techniques to navigate stakeholder resistance and organizational ambiguity, and create change management strategies
- Collaborate on teams using human-centered design, systems thinking, and co-design techniques to create lasting outcomes
- Build positive, strong, and enduring working relationships with clients
- Accurately identify and effectively frame client business problem(s) to be solved, and project approaches to tackle the problem
- Demonstrate a logical, rigorous, and analytical problem-solving approach, working directly with the client, preparing and delivering client presentations and work products
- Create high-quality, well-structured, and user-friendly deliverables and clearly communicate analysis and recommendations
- Have opportunities to lead a project team with responsibility for project schedule, resources and budget
- Contribute to business development efforts, including developing and maintaining relationships with top decision-makers, crafting project approaches and proposals
- Be encouraged and given the freedom to explore new areas of interest, techniques, and approaches to deliver ever-higher levels of consulting service to your clients
- Be supported to participate in local professional organizations, societies, networking groups and board service
- Bring your own unique perspectives and strengths to our team
Relevant experience and mindset:
The experience and values listed below are only guidelines for who we think might succeed in this role. If you have personal and professional experiences not listed below but that you think make you a great candidate, let us know! We want to hear from you.
- Experience planning and delivering business strategies, with proficiency in at least four of the following areas: strategic facilitation, process improvement, project and program management, organization development and design, change management, or human-centered design
- Strong commitment to building cultural humility by continually learning and by actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work
- Experience in at least two healthcare industry segments; e.g., pharmacy/payer/provider
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
- High comfort level navigating ambiguity in client projects
- Ability to frame problems, define project approaches, and self-manage project activities
- Ability to convey complex information and communicate well across all mediums (visual, written, verbal)
- Experience working with and presenting to senior executives
- Openness to feedback and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, with willingness to travel within the United States and around the world for client meetings (10 – 20%)
- Experience working within a variety of industries and company sizes (startup to Fortune 500)
BA/BS in relevant field or 7+ years equivalent experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Fathom believes all people belong and deserve fairness and racial justice. We are committed to advancing policies, practices and a workplace culture that reflects the high value we place on all people, promotes anti-racism and does not tolerate discrimination. Read more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fathom Consulting is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law.