Senior Consultant, UI/UX Design
Fathom Consulting is in search of a Senior Consultant who has strong visual and user interface design skills, as well as a working understanding of user-centered design principles. While exercising a keen eye for detail and ability to collaborate with design researchers, you are able to communicate highly complex issues and translate them into clean, user-centered solutions.
About Fathom Consulting
Fathom Consulting is a business consultancy that helps organizations capitalize on change and how they interact with customers. Our clients engage us as proven partners in unraveling and solving strategic, operational, and customer experience challenges. Among the Twin Cities 100 Best companies to work for, we offer our employees meaningful and challenging client engagements; an open, pet-friendly work environment; and competitive compensation, benefits, and work flexibility.
Our work primarily happens in the healthcare and medical device sectors, but we also work across many different industries. We believe that the best products and services are a result of a creation process that is equitable, inclusive, and driven by a diversity of thought and experience. We recognize the importance of having staff members that bring a wide range of perspectives to our work. Fathom Consulting is actively committed to developing and maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment where all people are respected and valued.
As a part of the Fathom team, you will:
- Lead and collaborate on design projects with cross-disciplinary teams of clients and Fathom team members
- Create UI/UX assets that support ideation, user research, and final, production-ready design
- Design and produce mockups and prototypes (both low and high-fidelity) to effectively communicate interactions, implementation details, user research insights, and user flows
- Be encouraged and given the freedom to explore new areas of interest, techniques, and approaches to deliver ever-higher levels of consulting service to your clients
- Be supported to participate in local professional organizations, societies, networking groups and board service
- Bring your own unique perspectives and strengths to our team
Relevant experience and mindset:
The experience and values listed below are only guidelines for who we think might succeed in this role. If you have personal and professional experiences not listed below but that you think make you a great candidate, let us know! We want to hear from you.
- Ability to clearly communicate UI, visual and/or interaction designs through sketches, wireframes and/or prototypes
- Interested and excited about learning a variety of prototyping and design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Axure, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to design cross-platform (web, iOS, Android, and embedded touchscreen applications)
- Ability to support development teams via the creation of UI assets and annotated prototypes
- Proficient knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience supporting or conducting user research
- Strong commitment to building cultural humility by continually learning and by actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
- High comfort level navigating ambiguity in client projects
- Openness to feedback and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives
- Ability to frame problems, define project approaches, and self-manage project activities
- Able to convey complex information and communicate well across all mediums (visual, written, verbal)
- Desire to build and grow relationships with co-workers, clients, and communities within and outside the Twin Cities
- Experience working within a variety of industries and company sizes (startup to Fortune 500)
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, with openness to travel within the United States and around the world for client meetings (10 – 20%)
- BA/BS in design field OR 4-6 years equivalent experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Fathom believes all people belong and deserve fairness and racial justice. We are committed to advancing policies, practices and a workplace culture that reflects the high value we place on all people, promotes anti-racism and does not tolerate discrimination. Read more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fathom Consulting is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law.